Are you worried about your website’s security? In this era of data breaches and cybercriminals, it is quite evident to concern about data infringement. The only guaranteed solution for this is to have your website encrypted, which can be done by installing an SSL Certificate for the website.
Since 2017, Google and other browsers have been urging websites to implement SSL certificates. Additionally, Google has also considered it as one of the ranking factors. If your website does not own an SSL certificate, Google will tag it as unsecured.
Before we proceed to know why SSL Certificate is essential for a website, let us understand what it is? Why is it so crucial for your website and to build the trust of the consumer?
What is an SSL Certificate?
SSL is an abbreviation for Secure Sockets Layer. It is a text file with encrypted data that secures all information and communications between your website and your website visitors.
Installing an SSL certificate on your web server will ensure that you have built a secure connection from a web server to a browser through the HTTPS protocol. SSL certificate fulfils two essential purposes. Firstly, it encrypts all the confidential information conducted between your website and your visitors. Secondly, it verifies the authenticity of your website.
There are different types of SSL certificates that we can offer you:
- Extended Validation (EV SSL) Certificates – It is the most expensive yet highest-ranking certificate. While establishing the EV SSL certificate requires, you need to undergo a normalized identity authentication procedure to affirm.
EV SSL certificates are for prominent websites and applications that require status confirmation such as gathering information, handling logins, or e-payments.
- Organization Validated (OV SSL) Certificates – It encrypts the user’s confidential data during exchanges and has a high assurance. To get an OV SSL certificate, the site holder needs to accomplish an effective approval procedure.
- Domain Validated Certificates (DV SSL) – This type of certificate has a low confirmation and insignificant cryptography. It is mainly used for blogs or informational sites.
The website owners prove their domain ownership by responding to an email or phone call during the validation process.
- Wild Card Certificates – This SSL certificate is capable of securing a base domain and its countless subdomains. It helps in securing all subdomain names related to a domain name on a single server.
- Multi-Domain SSL Certificates – Such certificates can protect several independent domains through SAN (Subject Alternative Name) extension. Multi-Domain SSL Certificates can merge a wide range of hostnames, irrespective of their domain names.
Why is an SSL Certificate necessary?
Let’s discuss more the importance of an SSL certificate:
- Sensitive Data Encryption: After installing an SSL Certificate, you protect your server-customer interactions and encrypt every bit of the information. Without an HTTPS connection, the computer, between you and the server, will be able to see all the sensitive data that will help the cybercriminals hack easily. With SSL, you can be sure that your login credentials, credit card details, personal information, passwords, addresses, etc., are protected.
- Enhance Customer’s Trust – SSL Certificates are extremely important from the customer’s outlook. SSL security reassures customers that their information is safe with just a few visual suggestions. Your HTTPS will tell your site visitors that your site is secured, and your site takes their privacy seriously. If your website doesn’t have a certificate, some browsers may label it as “unsafe.”
- Soar Website Traffic and Visibility: HTTP-secure is one of the top-ranking factors for sites to rank on Google. It will further help in your SEO improvement. Being on the first page of Google and other popular search engines means more traffic and visibility for your website.
Google offers a small ranking boost to sites with SSL. Thus, it gives you an advantage over your competitors that are yet to have a certificate. Sometimes, the browsers may block or prevent the sites with no certificate. As a result, you stay safe for grabbing the best traffic to your site.
- Subdomain’s Safety: Wildcard SSL Certificate helps you protect your driving site and all its subdomains with a single SSL certificate. That is primarily useful for business owners or websites with several subdomains.
Why will NTSPL Hosting be your best choice?
There are many SSL Certificate providers in India. However, we provide the best and premium SSL certificate in India. We offer cost-effective and most reliable web security services to secure your website and prevent browsers from being penalized. Our certificate guarantees the safety of your private information and data while it is passed from the browser to the web server. Thus, it helps in keeping your website and client safe from malicious threats of predators.
Being a chief SSL Certificate provider in India, we are focused on protecting and guarding exclusive and sensitive data sent to and acquired from your site in the most secure way.